For new relationships, long-term loves, intimate friends, regular friends, and family
February 14 is a special time in the Gaia Flowers store. The air becomes filled with the scent of fresh roses. The shop floor becomes a wash of deep red.
And our staff feel an extra layer of gooeyness as they go about creating beautiful, romantic gestures large and small.
Of course, even a perfect bouquet wouldn’t be complete without a heartfelt Valentine message for your partner.
But finding the right words to put on the card nestled in your Valentine’s Day flowers isn’t always easy.
If you’re struggling with what to say, let us help.
We’ve been delivering gestures of love for more than 30 years.
And so we’ve put together some tips and ideas to help you write a romantic, heartfelt, or even sexy Valentine message.
General tips for writing great Valentine messages
The best Valentine messages are genuine. They tell the truth about how you feel.
So to get started, think about what you find special about your Valentine.
What is it about them that makes you smile? Do they do things for you that you really appreciate? Do they have any endearing characteristics that are unique to them?
Your answers to these questions will form the heart of your message. It’s your focus. Note down your responses, or words you associate with the person if that helps.
Next, consider what type of message you want to write. The nature of your relationship will influence whether you write a smooshy, loved-up message, something that’s funny or sexy, or a note that’s simple and lovely. You know this person and the relationship you have with them better than anyone, so follow your gut when deciding what to say.
These general tips should get you started. But if you need a little more help, read on for extra Valentine message inspiration, as well as ideas for what bouquet, arrangement, or even plant to send.
Message ideas for a new relationship
You haven’t been with your partner for long, but you want them to feel special this Valentine’s Day without going over the top. Here’s what you could write.
- Thinking of you this Valentine’s Day.
- Here’s a little something to mark our first Valentine’s Day as a couple.
- Taking the opportunity this Valentine’s Day to celebrate our relationship so far. Excited to see what adventures we’ll have together.
- When I think of you, you make me feel [ADJECTIVE]. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Dear [NAME], I’m so lucky to have met you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Dear [NAME], just letting you know I have a HUGE crush on you. Be my Valentine?
- MWAH! Sending you a kiss for Valentine’s Day!
- Love that you swiped right. Happy Valentine’s Day, [NAME/PET NAME]!
- You + Me = Happiness. Thank you for being a special part of my life.
Flowers to send
Why? It’s a simple, elegant arrangement that includes the classic Valentine red rose without being overbearing.
What you could write to a long-term partner
There’s so much scope when it comes to writing a Valentine message for a long-term partner. You’ve built up years (even decades) of memories. Perhaps the problem is knowing which one to choose. Or thinking of ways to keep your Valentine messages fresh rather than repeating the same sentiment year in, year out.
If that’s the problem you’re facing, then you could draw inspiration from one of your in-jokes or reference an enjoyable experience you’ve shared in the past 12 months. You could even talk about the future, and suggest something you want the two of you to do together between this Valentine’s Day and the next. Not grabbing you? Then go all out, classic romantic.
Message ideas for your card include:
- You are the love of my life and I’d be lost without you. Happy Valentine’s Day [NAME/PET NAME].
- Dear [NAME], I’m so happy to be celebrating our [NUMBER] Valentine’s Day together. Love you.
- Thinking about [MEMORY] makes me smile. Here’s to many more happy years together.
- Remember that Valentine’s Day when we [MEMORY]? Let’s do that again.
- So many happy years, so many amazing memories. My recent favorite: [MEMORY].
- Dear [NAME]. You are amazing. Thank you for loving me. xxx
- I love you every day, but will always take the opportunity to celebrate that love. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- There are so many things I love about you. But my favorite is [ATTRIBUTE/CHARACTERISTIC]. Keep being beautifully, wonderfully you.
Flowers to send
Why? Because nothing says love and passion better than a dozen red roses. But if you’re looking for something a bit different, our Forever Together arrangement is vibrant, fresh, and fun.
Want to say something sexy?
Love and romance are talked about a lot on Valentine’s Day. But let’s not be coy. It’s about intimacy, too. You might want to send a sexy Valentine’s message to ignite the passion in your relationship. Perhaps the relationship with your Valentine is one purely of pleasure. In either case, the key to sending a successful sexy message is to keep it playful and flirty.
Some ideas that strike the right tone are:
- Looking forward to spending Valentine’s Day (and night!) with you.
- Sending you Valentine’s kisses xxx. (Just let me know where you want me to plant them.)
- Be my hot date this Valentines?
- Excited for our Valentines dinner date tonight (and dessert in the bedroom).
- Olivia Newton-John sang it best: “Let’s get physical, physical!”
- Love you and our quiet nights in. Happy Valentine’s Day, sexy.
Flowers to send
Why? Our Dozen Kisses is a splay of pink roses that puts a playful twist on the traditional dozen red roses for Valentines. And the Love Bug is a simmering sexy arrangement of classy pastel roses and snapdragons.
To a friend, family member, or yourself
February 14 is no longer a holiday exclusively for starry-eyed lovers. It’s a chance to show friends and family members you love them, or even celebrate your Valentine’s singledom. If you’re thinking of sending flowers to someone you’re not romantically involved with but is very special to you, here’s what you can write on their card:
- Happy Valentine’s! You’re an amazing friend and I love that you’re part of my life. MWAH!
- The love between friends is like no other. Thanks for being awesome.
- Happy Valentine’s to one of my favorite people!
- You + Me + A bottle of wine and a take-out. Happy Valentine’s Day my lovely x
- Letting you know you’re loved and appreciated. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Wishing you all the love and happiness in the world this February 14.
- Today is about celebrating love. And I choose to celebrate the loving friendship we have.
- Love our friendship. Love you. Happy Valentine’s Day good buddy.
Flowers to send
Or a houseplant!
Why? Call Me Maybe is a petite selection of roses, mums, and snapdragons that are the perfect little gesture for that special friend. And Just Peachy is bright and lively—just like your friendship.
For something longer-lasting, why not gift a plant instead? We have popular houseplants in store, including Pothos, Peace Lilies, ZZ Plants, and succulents.