We’ve all been there: we know how we feel about our moms, and our love for them is unconditional and strong but putting that love into words? It’s tough.
That’s okay – it’s not easy, and you’re not alone. That’s why we’re here to help.
Tips for writing a great Mother’s Day message
The key is to keep it simple and write from the heart. While a general message may be fine, you don’t want your Mother’s Day message to read like it could apply to any mother. Ideally, it will be a personal message. Something that applies to your mother. That’s what will make it all the more special for her.
Before putting pen to paper, give the following questions some thought. They may help inspire your Mother’s Day message.
- What characteristics or qualities do you love most about your mom?
- What everyday things does she do for you that you appreciate? (Or at the other end of the scale, what monumental things has she done for you lately?)
- How does your mom make you feel when you see her smile?
- What does your mom do that makes you smile?
- How does your mom make you feel when you hear her voice?
- What makes your mom laugh?
- What is it about your mom that makes you proud?
Answering one or two of these questions can make it easier to write the perfect, personalized Mother’s Day message. But if you’re still stuck, read on for some extra Mother’s Day card inspiration.
Mother’s Day messages for amazing moms
- Think your mom is amazing? Then the next 13 messages are for you. Feel free to adapt them to suit your relationship – some are heartfelt, but some are more humorous. You decide!
- Thank you for all you do and for all the love you give.
- Thanks for making me the person I am.
- Thank you for always knowing the right thing to say. Thank you for always knowing the right thing to do. Thank you for always knowing the right thing to be.
- Thank you for being my mentor. Thank you for being councilor. Thank you for being my friend.
- Cheers mom for all the times we’ve laughed, cried, celebrated, and loved together.
- You’re the mom everyone wishes they had. (I know because my friends tell me!)
- One day I hope I can be the mom to my kids that you’ve always been to me.
- After all I’ve put you through, thanks for always sticking by my side.
- Even though I drive you crazy, I know it’s only because you love me.
- Everyone says their mom is the best mom in the world, but you really are.
- My appetite thanks you for always keeping the refrigerator full.
- Thank you for letting me treat the house like a hotel.
- Thank you for always keeping my clothes clean and my belly full.
Messages for moms from young children
Dads, grandparents, friends – this is where you need to help. This can be a tough one, as there’s absolutely no way to predict what kind of hilarious response a young child might give, but that’s part of the charm.
Think of it this way: how many moms cherished their child’s first drawing for years and years on the refrigerator, even though it was just a squiggly line on a piece of paper? Really, it doesn’t matter what your child says in response to the questions below. Most moms will simply love that it came from them.
Here are some things you can ask your little one to inspire the perfect Mother’s Day message.
- Why is mommy the best mommy in the world?
- What do you love most about mommy?
- How does mommy make you happy?
Once you have their replies, you can write out the perfect Mother’s Day message for your little one to copy onto a card. Really small children might need your help guiding the pen or pencil, but again – that’s all part of the charm.
The result will be a truly personalized message from child to mother that will warm her heart.
Flowers to Make your Momma Smile
A beautiful, classy arrangement of roses, hydrangeas and lilacs are presented in a glass vase and delivered with love.
Messages for moms who aren’t our moms
Sometimes Mother’s Day is the perfect time to express gratitude to the very important women in our lives. You can use the questions at the beginning of this article to inspire a message, but if you’re stuck, here are some examples of the kind of Mother’s Day card message you could write for the important someone who’s not your mom, like your step-mom or best friend’s mom.
- Thank you for always taking care of me.
- Thank you for being the mom I never had.
- Thank you for always making me feel like your [son/daughter].
- Thank you for being the amazing woman you are.
- I’m forever grateful for everything you’ve done for me.
- Thank you for being my family.
In remembrance of an amazing mom: gone but never forgotten
Losing your mom is something you might never get over, making this time of year particularly hard. Having flowers and an accompanying message in remembrance in your home may be the perfect tribute to celebrate the mother you miss. But knowing what to say can be tough. Some of these might help.
- I hope you know I think about you every day.
- Thinking of you forever and for always.
- Forever holding a special place for you in my heart.
- I miss you.
- I know you’re always with me.
- Not a day goes by without me thinking, what would mom do?
- I don’t miss you this time of year. I miss you all the time.
- I’ll never mourn the time we lost, but always celebrate the time we had.
There you have it: our top tips for writing the perfect Mother’s Day card message. Remember, if all else fails and you’re still stuck, a simple “I love you” can work wonders. There’s not a mother in the world who doesn’t enjoy hearing their child tell them that.
Now you know what to say, you can order your Mother’s Day flowers here.
Sending Mother’s Day flowers to someone in Las Vegas? We can deliver them on your behalf.