From pew markers into centerpieces, succulents are your perfect choice
Planning a wedding takes time, effort, energy – not to mention the cost. Everything needs to look beautiful, and your centerpiece needs to be visually appealing, correctly balanced, and well “succulent” enough to bring an atmosphere to your event.
Let’s take a look at why we think succulents make the best wedding centerpieces.
From pew markers to centerpieces
Having lush succulent arrangements adorn the aisle enhances an earthy look and feel to your wedding. It’s perfect for those brides looking for something different and rustic.
The succulents will first make their statement as pew markers and are then able to be lifted off the aisle and straight onto the tables as stunning centerpieces. Talk about maximizing the cost of flowers.
Succulents as the center of attention
Adding an elegant array of succulents to your table setting adds a fresh twist to your décor.
Here’s why they’re so ideal:
- Succulents are the perfect height, shape, size, and balance for a centerpiece
- Using these amazing plants as a centerpiece has the great advantage of saving on the cost of hiring or making a centerpiece
- They have an extra edge over normal plants. Your succulents will last throughout the entire wedding ceremony and following functions
- They won’t droop or wilt – they’ll stay fresh, lush, and plump the entire day
Types of succulents for your wedding centerpiece
The wonderful part of using succulents as a centerpiece is the wide range of textures they come in. Poke around these beauties:
- Hens and Chicks: This visually satisfying plant takes its name from the Latin word Sempervivum, meaning ‘always alive.’ The perfect sentiment to represent the union of marriage and everlasting love.
- Roseum: Throughout time, roses have always been an image of love and affection. The roseum succulent mimics the look of the traditional rose. In warmer months, the succulent begins to grow dainty pink star-shaped flowers, adding graceful color to your wedding.
- Sunburst: The sunburst is perfect for a wedding and has the look of a traditional flower. Its tri-color of yellow, white, and green creates a subtle look and feel. In summer months’ beautiful white rosettes branch out, fitting the theme of a wedding.
- Plush Plant: This gorgeous succulent will add a silvery sparkle to your décor and the tiny white hairs that cover the plant gleam silver as the sun shines on them. Having a combination of earthy green and dusty red, they are simply beautiful.
- Flaming Katy: Dark red, gold, and white are the color varieties that the Flaming Katy brings. Having this succulent as a centerpiece will definitely be a burst of color and is certainly eye-catching.
The list doesn’t stop there. Succulents have over 100 different varieties to choose from; the perfect one is waiting for you.
From centerpieces to memories
These rustic plants are known for their durability and longevity. They’ll last your entire wedding day, from the aisle to the centerpiece of your table. They’ll also look fresh and fantastic in all pictures and videos.
Most special of all, using succulents is a wonderful way of keeping the memory of your wedding. All you would need to do is take them home, pop them in some soil, and water lightly. Succulents can live for many years. With the correct love and care, they’ll flourish and won’t not wilt – the ideal representation of a long-lasting marriage.